By Friends of Broadway, 05-Jun-2012 01:11:00
Friends of Broadway will be holding their elections for the 2012-2013 school year on Monday June 11th, at 8:30 a.m. in the auditorium at Broadway Elementary School.
Friends of Broadway is a parent-run, non-profit organization that raises money to support Broadway Elementary school instruction and student activities. All parents/guardians of Broadway students are members of Friends of Broadway.
We encourage any parent or guardian who would like to participate in supporting our school's booster club to get involved! We would love to see new faces and new ideas! Please email us at email@example.com to nominate yourself or someone you know who is interested in the future of Broadway. With the current budget issues our school is facing, it is more important than ever to work together and create new revenue streams to support our programs and initiatives.
The Friends of Broadway board currently consists of 12 members who are elected by Broadway parents each year. The board positions are: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Fundraisers and Committee Coordinators. Board members are responsible for the operation of the organization.
•All Board Members are required to attend: board meetings (once a month) and parent meetings (once a month).
•There should be at least one board member representation at Orientation, Back to School and Open House when necessary.
•You must be currently affiliated with Broadway Elementary School.
•These are “one-year” school calendar term positions.
(General Management. Mediator, Delegator)
• Preside at all board meetings and parent meetings.
• Write all agendas for board and parent meetings with input from principal and board members
• Coordinate activities of the committees and support members
• Authorized to sign checks for school
• Write monthly column for school newsletter
• Oversee / determine financial need assistance together with principal and treasurer
• Carries out all the duties of the President in case of the President’s absence or disability
• Assists President in duties such as presiding over monthly meetings
• Oversee Orientation and School Tour process with appointed committee
• Monthly newsletter article
• Overseeing the updating and issuing of the parent roster with room parents (if available)
(Record keeping, Calendar Management)
• Keep records of all meetings of the Board Members and Parents
• Post minutes of meetings within 14 days
• Distribute agenda for all meetings
• Takes roll call at board meetings and maintain a record of attendance
• Monitor voting procedure at all board and parent meetings
• Maintains a current record of school policies to be reviewed by the incoming board members
(All money matters)
• Present budget and audit report for annual approval
• Receive and safely keep all funds of the School
• Maintain a checking account for payment of all authorized school expenditures
• Present monthly financial statement to the school
• Present all books for audit within (30) days after the close of school
• Oversees tax procedures and paperwork (tax letter, corporate matching, etc.)
• Authorized to sign checks for school
• Oversee/ Determine financial need assistance together with principal and president
• Must have accounting/bookkeeping experience
(Lead major fundraisers)
1) External Fundraisier (2): Corporate Sponsorship, Grant Application, Scrips, Retail Cards, etc.
2) Internal Fundraiser (2): Annual Fund, Spring Festival, Movie Night, Popcorn Friday, etc.
• Plan fundraising events for the school year
• Spearhead all fundraising committees
• Create and maintain fundraising partnership (scrips, retail cards, etc.)
• Write newsletter articles related to fundraising
• Coordinate and recruit fundraising volunteers
Committee coordinator (2):
Create and coordinate various Non-fundraising committees:
1) External PR/Marketing Committee:
Orientation/school tour recruiting & FofB PR/Web committee,
2) Internal coordination Committee:
Room Parent coordination, Teacher appreciation & monthly school newsletter committee
3) Spanish/Mandarin translation committee (for both internal and external committees)
You are viewing the text version of this site.
Need help? check the requirements page.